5/21 11pm

Do you know how to describe the motion of climbing in a meaningful way? I don’t really. Today I tried writing a section on climbing technique. Trying to broadly state what makes for good technique is really difficult. Fortunately you can extract specific tips. Little concrete things someone can do to help their technique. Like stepping with the toe of the shoe instead of the heel or the ball because it lets you be more precise, and most shoes are designed with standing on the toe in mind.


Of course I love writing thousands of words about visually simple things, but sometimes I have to use the shortcut of a picture. I think in these cases a thousand words just can’t quite cut it.

This one is an example of the full crimp. A way of gripping a small hold to apply the maximum force. It is often overkill, but when you need it there is no way around it.


Daily Hours 3

Total Hours 44

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week one review

Day 1